Lineage & Training
My background in the magical and occult arts is extensive, well-rounded, and getting a bit hard to track at this point. Outside of my own scholarly research and specific course working, I am a spirit-led practitioner: my relationship and ability to communicate directly with the spirits I work with, and to burn my own fingers on my craft, will (almost) always trump a book or other resource, with some exceptions (I will never claim a title, authority, or lineage I have no rights to.) I strive to learn about cultural traditions that are not ethnically my own through primary source materials (when possible), oral transmission & direct accounts, and through traditional observation with direct oversight from the community of origin. Active learning and service-oriented learning works well for me and is how I have accumulated my body of knowledge + wisdom. I use the variety of avenues and tools available to me as a practitioner to engage in ongoing learning, and complement this with practical skills and training to support making my talents practical and effective.
I am the founding body of a lineage of sorcery called Mzizi Udongo (lit., ‘root soil’; Kiswahili) by my Ancestors, who collectively form its foundation.
Mzizi Udongo is rhizomagic: a form of sorcery that utilizes connection to ancestral consciousness in order to directly tend to and shape the destiny & existence of a being, spirit, ecosystem, or community, usually with the express purpose (but not always) of alleviating kiu (lit. ‘thirst’; wants, desires, and/or needs) in a generative, compassionate manner.
The core methods and modalities are the foundation of my practice. My other skills are, as appropriate and respectful, used in tandem with or blending into this root soil, as the name implies. I have written a complete, short summary of my Ancestors’ basic teachings and operative principles for clients to read before working with me.
I am a Reconstructionist Jewish woman who integrates Black and Indigenous wisdom and values about family, life, and land into my rhythms of life and living, and interpretation of the grand tradition of Jewish thought and philosophy. As I once said to an acquaintance, Judaism is the spine that holds together the pages of the book of my spiritual life.
In addition to being a faithful Jewish woman, I am in the process of exploring initiation into Haitian Vodou. I am currently a lay practitioner who is unaffiliated with any sosyete.
Outside of my spirit-led work with Mzizi Udongo, my primary influences are:
- Chaos Magic
- Hoodoo & Neo-Hoodoo
- Graeco-Roman-Egyptian Magic
- Planetary Magic & Traditional Astrology
- Jewish & Near East Magical Tradition (inc. Solomonic currents)
- Folk Magic (sp. Brujería, Appalachian, Russo-Slavic, Icelandic, Germanic, Scottish, & British origins)
My magical worldview is thoughtfully + respectfully diverse due to continuing professional development and personal scholarly interest, but the bulk of my operational practice is informed primarily by my ancestry and familial kinships.
Training & Instruction
An incomplete and evolving inventory of relevant training, magical and mundane, in support of my professional and personal competency. Some of these are self-guided courses that I have worked through in full on my own — bolded listings were directly supervised.
- Associate of Arts (Hon) – Palm Beach State College
- A Modern Approach To The Magic of the Papyri Magicae Gracae (2021-2022) – Jason Augustus Newcomb
- Curanderismo: Global & Cultural Influences of Traditional Healing (2021) – Eliseo (Cheo) Torres, The University of New Mexico
- Curanderismo: Traditional Healing of the Mind, Energy & Spirit (2021) – Eliseo (Cheo) Torres, The University of New Mexico
- Curanderismo: Traditional Healing of the Body (2021) – Eliseo (Cheo) Torres, The University of New Mexico
- Curanderismo: Traditional Healing Using Plants (2021) – Eliseo (Cheo) Torres, The University of New Mexico
- XSeries Program – PredictionX (2021-2022) – Harvard University
- The Planetary Pentacles of Solomon (2021-2022) – Sara Mastros
- Love Magic Masterclass (2021) – Chiron Armand & Katelan Foisy
- Jewish Protection Magic (2021) – Dori Midnight & Herban Cura
- Spirits of the Stars: AstroMagic Intensive (2021) – Ryhan Butler
- Oral Teaching & Instruction (Espiritismo Cruzado; 2020) – Eoghan Ballard
- Oral Teaching & Instruction (Hoodoo/Conjure; 2012-2015) – L. Abdullah
- Oral Teaching & Instruction (Hoodoo/Conjure; 2012-2013) – L. MacDonald
- Oral Teaching & Instruction (Feri Witchcraft; 2018-2020) – E. Predota
- Usui & Reiki Levels I, II, III (2017-2019) – N. Danaus
- Usui Reiki Levels I, II, III (2017) – L. Powers
- Psychic & Mediumship Development Training (2012-2014) – K. Hager
- Curanderismo: Traditional Healing in the Southwest & Mexico (2017) – University of New Mexico
- Elemental Energy Clearing Practitioner & Facilitator Training (2016) – Megan Potter
- Astrology for Beginners (2017) – Benebell Wen
- Tarot as a Tool for Craft (2017) – Benebell Wen
- I Ching and the Practitioner (2017) – Benebell Wen
- Spirit Keeper’s Tarot & Holistic Tarot Courses – Benebell Wen
- Tarot and Shadow Work for Activating Craft (2017) – Benebell Wen
- Strategic Business Sorcery (2018) – Jason Miller
- Strategic Sorcery Correspondence Course (2014)– Jason Miller
- Divination Lab (2018/2019) – Fabeku Fatunmise
- Hypersigils Labs I & II (2018/2019)– Fabeku Fatunmise
- Quareia Training (ongoing) – Josephine McCarthy & Frater Acher
- Active Listener Certification & Helper Skill Supplements (2018) – 7 Cups of Tea.org
- Psychological First Aid (2018) – NCTSN Learning Center for Child and Adolescent Trauma
- Skills for Psychological Recovery (2018) – NCTSN Learning Center for Child and Adolescent Trauma
let's stay in touch?
© 2019-2025 // All rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated, by Juno Mercurius Enterprises LLC & Moneta Regina LLC
This site is blessed & protected by my Ancestors, who categorically do wish a motherfucker would.